This is the most common question wine collectors, and enthusiasts search on the internet. At one point in time, they have to invest in a wine cooler because it is an effective and easy option.
It is much easier to store wine in a cooler rather than building a cellar in your house. However, before you purchase a wine cooler, you need to know how much it will cost.
A wine cooler is not cheap, like mini-fridges as both of them are different appliances. It is not feasible to store wine in a fridge as the extremely low temperature is not suitable for storing wine.
There are many different types of wine coolers available in the market. The price is wine coolers differ in the basis on the type, working mechanism, zone type, brands, etc.
However, on average, it will cost you around $50 to $10,000. The smaller, the cooler is, the cheaper it is. As the size increases the price also increases.
Factors Affecting the Price of Wine Coolers:
Here are some factors which affect the price of wine coolers. You need to consider all these factors while buying a wine cooler. It will help you to choose the best wine cooler as per your requirement.
- Build: Wine coolers are available in different external structure and build. It is advisable to choose a wine cooler which is built using stainless steel and strong glass door. Make sure the glass is tinted. The build affects the price. A freestanding wine cooler will be cheaper than the in-built one.
- Size: This is the most important factor. You will get wine cooler is small and portable to large size. Small wine coolers are cheaper. As the size increases the price also increases. If you need a cooler to store more bottles, go with a big size. The size is available in terms of bottles. You can choose wine cooler which stores 16 bottles, 36 bottles, 50, bottles, 100 bottles, etc.
- Temperature: When it comes to temperature, you will have three choices. There is single-zone, double-zone and triple-zone wine cooler. With a single zone, you can only enjoy one temperature setting. With dual, you will have two separate compartments with different temperature. However, with triple-zone, you will have three temperature choices. However, the price will increase as per the temperature zone. The more zones you will add, the higher the price will be.
- Shelves: The price also depends on the type and number of shelves. For more shelves, you have to pay more money. Wine coolers with wooden shelves are costlier than the one with other materials. Wood absorbs the vibration, thereby keeping the wine in good condition.
- Brand: Price of wine coolers also depends on the brand. When you purchase a branded wine cooler, it is costlier than an ordinary wine cooler.
- Working Mechanism: There are some wine coolers which work on compressor while others are thermoelectric. Compressor based wine coolers are costlier compared to an electric one.
How Much Is A Wine Cooler?
There is no standard price for wine coolers as it depends on various factors. So we will show you how much each type of wine cooler will cost you.
Free Standing Wine Cooler Price:
This is the most common type of wine cooler. You can keep it anywhere. You can carry it from one place to another. There are different sizes of freestanding wine coolers available. You can keep 36 to 100 bottles in different sizes of wine coolers.
- 8 Bottles: The average cost of wine cooler with eight bottle storage capacity is $60.
- 36 Bottles: The average cost of wine cooler with 36 bottle storage capacity is from $170 to $300.
- 36+ Bottles: If you want a wine cooler with more capacity, it will cost you anywhere from $400 to $1000.
Built-In Wine Cooler Price:
These are advance wine cooler which you can install anywhere in your house. Most of the people install it in their kitchen cabinet. It saves a lot of space and looks like a part of your house. However, it is costlier. The price also depends on storage capacity and cooling zones. On average, this type of wine cooler will cost you around $400 to $1000.
Compressor Wine Cooler Price:
This type of wine cooler works on refrigerant and compressor technology. It is costlier than electric wine cooler. On average it will cost you around $200 to $500.
Thermoelectric Wine Cooler Price:
These wine coolers work on electric current rather than a compressor. It is energy-efficient, eco-friendly and makes less noise. It is a bit cheaper than a compressor as it is not extremely cold. Moreover, it will cost you around $150 to $400.
Price as Per Brands:
The price of the wine cooler also differs on the basis of the brand. There are some well-known brands which are costlier compared to other not so popular brands of wine coolers. Here are the average prices as per the brands.
- Fisher & Paykel: It is a well-known wine cooler brand. They provide slick and efficient wine coolers. You will get many sizes and temperature zones. The largest one has a capacity of 127 bottles. On average it will cost you around $1000 to $1500.
- Miele: This is one of the most popular brands of wine coolers. You will get many amazing features with this brand. It is also the costliest brand. It will cost you around $10,000.
- Hisense: This is another brand of the wine cooler. You will get different sizes in this brand. On average, this brand of the wine cooler will cost you around $400 to $1500.
- Polar: There are different series of polar wine coolers available online. You will have many choices. This brand will cost you around $300 to $2000. The largest size you will get is with a storage capacity of 155 bottles. It will cost you $2000.
- Kogan: This is another brand of the wine cooler. It is slightly cheaper than the other brands. It will cost you around $250 to $600. You can choose from various sizes.
These are the different prices of wine coolers. You can choose from different sizes, types and brands as per your requirement.